He's about 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds. He's putting on weight and filling out quickly at this stage and moving around like crazy.
I had a good appointment yesterday, my blood pressure was a bit high so Dr George asked me to monitor it for the next week and keep a log (I borrowed a home BP cuff from a friend at work) and it was much lower today, so I must have just been stressed out or something yesterday! I have another appointment next week to go over the results from this home monitoring.
We also talked about the whole procedure of what to do when the show gets on the road (call the clinic or the hospital if it's after hours, they will page him. Both numbers are now in my cell phone. I may also have a secret weapon....he's Matt's neighbor, so I possibly have access to his actual phone number if I need it. I shouldn't need it. They do this stuff a lot.) and went over my (incredibly vague) birth plan a little bit. He said that most birth plan checklists seem to come from the 50s...they don't do a lot of the stuff that used to be done as routine; i.e. take the baby to another room for newborn procedures, episiotomies, etc. It seems like St. John's is very flexible and definitely wants each mom to have her own experience and not overly control everything, so that sounds just great.
Another belly pic from Dillon -

6-9 weeks left!
4 comments:
Good to be in the fruit category. Time is really flying now; maybe not so much for you. Sounds like you have a great relationship with your doctor, all good.
It would be really fun (for us) if you can keep this blog going with weekly baby photos and "what he's doing now" reports. I'm sure you'll have lots of time for that!!
I'll do what I can, but no promises! :) You know there will be roughly a million pictures a day of him though....
Millions of picture sounds great!!!
Beautiful pictures! I would advise to include both the nubain & the epidural in the birth plan :)
Post a Comment