
Yesterday we had Milo’s two week pediatrician’s appointment and everything went very well. He’s put on 7 ounces in six days, so he’s ahead of the ounce/day recommendation. I’m not sure if that makes him an overachiever or us....either way, he’s up to 7 lbs 4 oz and gaining every day. His head got bigger as well and he’s 1/2 an inch longer, up to 20”. He has another appointment in two weeks when we’ll talk about vaccinations and re-weigh & measure him, but Dr Pockat says he is doing great and is all systems go.
A few of the other women in our birth class are starting to deliver - my friend Noel delivered the day before yesterday and my friend Johanna is in labor right now. All three of us were induced, how weird is that? Noel’s not-so-little boy (10 lbs 8 oz!!! And Noel is tiny!!!) because she was over her due date and Johanna and I both because of pre-eclampsia worries. Noel ended up with a c-section after her labor stalled and Johanna is probably in Pitocin-induced pain as I type this.
Nate’s cousin Kilie is here for a few days, which is awesome. I don’t think we’ll do much besides lounge about and watch movies, but it’s nice to have another grownup here for a while. Hmm....if I’m this starved for conversation after one week what is it going to be like in week seven? I imagine I’ll get used to it. Plus we’ll have lots of company starting in a few weeks, so that will probably help as well.
My big task for the day is to pick out a picture to put on his ski pass. It’s a very important decision, don’t you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment