Wednesday, April 30, 2008

maternity wear

Maternity clothes are awesome. I finished one of my new skirts and wore it to work yesterday - soooo comfortable! I want 12 inches of spandex in the tops of all of my pants and skirts now. I'm sure I'll be sick of it soon enough but right now it is really nice to not have a waistband.

I had my first bout with some major nausea last night. I am firmly blaming the nachos and not the gremlin as I feel fine and perky this morning.

Only 8 days until our first appointment!

Ingrid gave me the great idea of buying a big flat art file (something like 11x14x2 or so) to keep the gremlin's baby stuff in rather than beating myself up over not doing a baby book. It totally makes sense - I'm going to keep all that stuff (hospital bracelet, ultrasound pics, first haircut, pictures out the wazoo) anyway and it'll be so much easier to chuck it into a cool art box than pasting it into a baby book that I'll do for 3 weeks and then be too tired and not care any more.

Not much else to report, hungry and thirsty pretty constantly but the heartburn seems to have taken a brief vacation. Wahoo! The bloat is still in full force though.

edited to add - that's definitely photos OUT the wazoo, not OF the wazoo. yikes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying your blog--nice way to keep up with your progress at this distance. Have Nathan take a photo of you in your new skirt! Kilie and Zach are on their was over-they are visiting for a week. I will have a hard time not spilling the beans--so to say. Soon to be--Grandma Janet

katy gray said...

if it comes out, it comes out! and after next week Thursday feel free to tell whomever you'd like...just want to make sure the dr. says everything is a-ok. :)

Cassie said...

I want too see pictures of you in your skirts too. Especially when you get a big baby belly to fill them out. Good luck with the doc appt.