Sunday, May 18, 2008

looking pregnant-er

I have gained some weight. It still looks (to me) like I'm just getting fat, but sometimes I'll walk by a mirror and surprise myself with my pregnant-ocity. I'm only gaining in my stomach, which is good (right?) - my pants and skirts still fit except for in the belly so at least my butt and legs aren't gaining too much. It's weird how your body knows where to send those extra calories. I know that some women make it to five months or so without showing or putting on any weight at all, but it looks like I am not going to be one of those women. Just not the right metabolism I suppose. Or possibly it's the chocolate milk?

I think I may dye my hair back to brown as soon as we get out of the first trimester here - I want to minimize my exposure during the incubation phase but something has to be done about it now. Between the roots, the oranger stuff on top, the redder stuff on the bottom and the blackish stuff underneath it looks like my head was tie-dyed by overenthusiastic colorblind hippies. I'd really like to get in before we go to Chicago on Saturday but that's still only 10 weeks so I guess I'll just have to hit up the big city looking like a hair experiment gone wrong. *sigh*

No sign of heartburn or nausea, just the constant hunger and the stupid hormone soup still! I asked the dr. if there was anything to be done about the roller-coaster and he pretty much said 'No, deal with it' but a lot nicer.

K, off to make some gluten free blueberry pancakes....mmmmmm.......

3 comments:

Dick Parins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paterson Family said...

I changed my vote from boy to girl, I can't see you so I'll have to go on your description of your weight gain, but it sounds to me like a girl gain. Can't wait to find out!!!

katy gray said...

heh, my friend lisa keeps telling me that boys make you gain in the butt and girls are all stomach, so who knows, you could be right! only 2.5 months to find out....