Friday, May 16, 2008

yoga

Whoa, two posts in one day. This is getting serious.

On Wednesday after work I went to my first pre-natal yoga class. There was one other woman who looked to be in the early stages but everyone else looked as if they were about 7 or 8 months along.

It was embarrassing. These women who have put on anywhere from 30-50 lbs in the past few months were so much more flexible than I was (and likely still am today. I probably did not gain that much stretchiness in one session). With my legs out in front of me in a 'V' shape I can barely get my upper body to less than a 90 degree angle...I'm guessing I topped out at about 81 degrees to the floor. One of the super pregnant women had her belly in the floor and looked like she practically had her head all the way down too.

Thank goodness I was in the back of the class so I couldn't hear the giggles. Next week I should have some moral support if Ingrid is over her cold.

My favorite part of the class was the very end when we just got to lay there for 5 minutes relaxing with our breathing. I also enjoyed the Haagen Daaz bar I treated myself to after class a great deal...and before you get all 'junk food!' on me, my mom sent me an article about chocolate being good for pregnant women and how it helps to prevent preeclampsia. So I'm just watching out for my health.

Neener neener neener.

FYI for those who are new to blogging - if you'd like to leave a comment please just click on the link at the bottom of the post that says '0 comments' (or 1 or 5 or however many comments there are for that post) and it'll take you to a screen where you can post a note. I don't believe you have to sign in or register for anything; if you want to post anonymously it won't even make you put your name in. I love reading everyone's notes so please comment at will! Throw caution to the winds!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay yoga! Good for you; you'll grow to love it and you'll be amazed how fast your flexibility improves. As for the chocolate . . . I'm not sure how much you really get in an ice cream cone!

katy gray said...

it wasn't a cone, it was a delicious bar with dark chocolate (like actual chocolate) on the outside and chocolate ice cream in the inside.

so i know i got SOME chocolate goodness from the yummy outer shell.

i've finally about recovered from wednesday's yoga session, it's probably a good thing it's only once a week for now!

Anonymous said...

I am having so much fun reading your blog! Congratulations to you and Nate. You have a way of writing about things that makes the memories of my own pregnancies come right to the surface. I think those were 18 of the best months of my life! Enjoy each minute...even the nauseous ones. :)
By reading your messages, though, I can tell you probably don't need that advice.
Terri (Neu)